Forgive Me, Rodgers and Hammerstein...

...but today I wanted to do a brief blog post about a few of My Favorite Things.  (No.  Oprah isn't the originator of that phrase anymore than Al Gore is the sole creator of the internet.)  Late last night as I tossed and turned fitfully, I began to think about some of the little things that make me smile.  It was actually a really pleasant exercise, and one I hope to continue with some sort of regularity on the blog.

In no particular order...here are a few of my favorite things!

1.  My dog's chocolate brown eyes.

2.  Hearing my children laugh together.

3.  Eating a cucumber fresh from our own garden.

4.  A song at church that makes me cry.

5.  The smell of my dad's garage.

6.  The TN sky at sunset.

7.  A house that smells like Pledge.

8.  Fresh sheets.

9.  Hearing from old friends.

10.  The rare, but cherished, "Good job, Ann!" from my karate teacher.

Sometimes I forget that life is best measured by the small blessings and the big trials.  While the big trials often consume our attention and energy, God is overly abundant in the little moments.  I am learning that His love is best expressed in a whisper, in a moment, in a small answered prayer.  I am so thankful for these things, and the other little "favorite things" in my world!

What are some of your favorite things?

Comments