I Know. I Know.

I have become that blogger I hate.  You know the one.  The one who reels you in with witty and wise banter (I flatter myself), and then BAM!  Nothing...  

It isn't that I haven't thought about blogging lately.  Actually, I have thought about it a lot - more specifically, why I haven't been blogging.  Things have been super busy at home, with the end of schools and a trip up north and preparing for a crazy summer, but if I am honest, that isn't the sum total of why I haven't blogged much.  I can't put my finger on it, exactly.  Maybe I am so busy enjoying my newfound energy that I want to "do" instead of  write.  Maybe I feel like there is so much going on in our little world that I don't know where to start.  Maybe I feel like I have nothing to say.

But if I am honest (and what is a blog for, if not honesty?), I am pretty sure I haven't blogged lately because I have needed some silence.  I think that all the "blog vulnerability" caught up with me, and I just needed a breather.  Mark and I have been making some decisions about our life and what we value and how to walk that out, and I think that process warranted privacy.  I love when people comment on my blog (hint, hint!), but some things aren't to be spoken into.  And when you are a recovering people pleaser like me, the less input, the better. 

There are lots of things to update you all on - we are on a new, somewhat out of our comfort zone adventure this summer.  I am also learning how to live life on a very specific diet, and that has led to some thought provoking moments.  So I am  back...hopefully.  

I hope you (three) are back with me, too!


Comments

Goozle said…
I'm glad you're back! It was great to see you last weekend!
Renovation Girl said…
I was about to send you hate mail for leaving me hanging THIS long with your blog...but, okay, I'll let it slide THIS time. ;) I'm excited to hear what's new in your end of the world.
suedwhit said…
Finally! I was having withdrawal! Happy anniversary by the way - isn't it your 10th? Are you doing anything special to celebrate? Miss you!