Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Think I Can...I Think I Can...

...get it together for this trip!

It seems like just when I whittle down the "To Do" list and begin to feel that small sense of relief and satisfaction, I suddenly remember about thirteen more things I need to do!  I woke up early this morning and just laid in bed, my mind racing with thoughts, and the sudden realization that two weeks is a long time to be away from the boys.  I know they will do great, but I will really, really miss them.  (Although tonight as they came out of the room after lights out to tattle on one another I secretly wished this was already my parent's problem!)

On the other hand, Mark and I are really looking forward to seeing Latvia.  We have had a heart for this country since we hosted Sintija nearly a year and a half ago, and I am so happy to finally get to taste, see, and listen to Latvia!  I have spent a lot of time learning about Latvia's history and culture, and there are so many places in Riga I anticipate visiting!  Of course, I am also looking forward to some non-historical fun there...I have Mark almost convinced to take Elsie/Inessa and I to a HUGE indoor water park!  Can you imagine the fun!?!?!?!?

I also struggle with my emotions when I think about all that Elsie is going to go through.  Yes, I know she loves us and she knows that our family loves her also, but it makes me grieve when I think of her saying good-bye to her foster family.  We will, of course, maintain contact with them so that they can follow her through the years, but I know this trip will have its share of tears.  Although I have yet to meet them in person, I dearly love her foster family and I hurt for them as well.

We are down to the minute details, and although they keep piling up, come Saturday we will be off one way or the other!  I hope to be able to keep this blog updated as we travel, so be sure to check back if you want to follow our adoption journey.

2 comments:

Renovation Girl said...

Ann, I have my students praying for all of you each day! Many blessings on this journey.

Kat said...

I just jumped over here from the Adoption Story Blog Hop and am excited to read your next post. We have seven blessings (four adopted) and have a heart for the wonderful older children that God may bring into our lives...can't wait to see your next post!