Precious Moments

Yesterday was my last official day with Cal Henry at home. He had a phase in day for kindergarten earlier in the week, but the "real deal" starts on Monday.

As we were driving around taking care of a few errands yesterday, I was keenly aware that this was the end of an era. Cal has been my "wingman" for several years while Jude headed off to school. We haven't always agreed on what constitutes a "fun" day together, but I have to say I have, for the most part, always enjoyed his company. So yesterday as we drove around, I relished the sound of him singing, I was fascinated by his description of the super powers he wanted, and I love imagining the car he plans to invent that drives itself (with a Wii inside).

I know it is time. I know he is ready. I celebrate this time in Cal's life. But yesterday, I cherished every second I had with Calvin. Those were some precious moments.

Comments

Renovation Girl said…
sniffle...sniffle...I "lose" my bsby to kindergarten in less than two weeks and already I'm a soggy mess!

On a side note, if you don't have it already, get the book "If I Built a Car" by Chris Van Dusen. Cal Henry will LOVE it!!