Fantasy Turns to Reality Once Again

As my faithful readers (both of you) know, I am a HUGE football fan.  I am already feeling those first flutters of excitement, and tonight I channeled those inner quiverings at the annual fantasy football draft.  I play in a league with Mark and his co-workers, and there is never a dull moment.  I walked in to the conference room tonight with my print outs, and then realized that all these "professionals" were using their computers.  Oh.  My bad.  What can I say?  I go old school.

So after an hour and a half (the shortest fantasy draft I've ever participated in) and a few naughty words muttered under my breath, I present to you the 2010 roster for my fantasy football team, The Ann-ihilators.

QB:  Matt Ryan, Matt Cassel
RB:  Adrian Peterson, Rashard Mendenhall, Knowshon Moreno, and Thomas Jones
WR: Calvin Johnson, Percy Harvin, TJ Houshmandzadeh,
TE: Owen Daniels
D/ST: Eagles
K: Rob Baronas

Overall, I feel pretty good about my draft selections.  I did have Chris Cooley and Lee Evans snatched from me by the person drafting right before me, but after cursing that owner, I regrouped with but a few whimpers.  I am a little worried about weeks 4 & 5 because of bye weeks, but I may be able to salvage wins even then.

Fantasy football is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get once the first official  kickoff takes place.  But, for right now I've got my roster and I'm ready to go!

Comments