OK, OK. I'm here!

I have been fully aware of how neglectful I have been lately with my blog, and while I felt terrible about it, I just couldn't seem to even stop by my own page let alone write anything. I think living life has been so consuming lately that I haven't had the energy to review and share about it here. But I'm going to give it a try today by doing an update on all things me.

Vacation: Over spring break, our family drove to PA for a vacation. It was a long 12 hours in the car, but the boys didn't complain once. They were just so excited to have time with their Pa and DiDi, and Mark and I were excited to be going on our first real vacation as a couple since having kids! He and I headed up to Niagara Falls, Canada and enjoyed several days together. It took about 24 hours before both of us could relax, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time! If you have never seen Niagara Falls, you really, really need to see it. I have been there a half a dozen times, and it still takes my breath away!
Adoption: This past weekend we had our home study visit. We had a phenomenal social worker, and it turned out to be far less scary than either of us anticipated. If you want to know what it's like to have someone in your business, get a home study done! There isn't any area of our life that wasn't covered in some way or another, but I understand why. I'm sure by now everyone has heard about the woman in TN who sent her adopted son from Russia back to Moscow on a plane with a note hoping to annul the adoption. It is a heartbreaking story, but it serves as a great reminder that there are a lot of difficult discussions that need to happen on the front end of an adoption. We have some more paperwork to finish up for the home study report, and then we move on to another phase of the process. It is a long haul, and again, we have no assurance that Inessa will choose to be adopted, but we still firmly believe that we need to be prepared.

My new tattoo! I have been wanting a new tattoo for awhile, and while Mark and I were vacationing in Niagara Falls, I had an opportunity to finally get it done. It is a small crown on the inside of my right wrist. It isn't terribly visible, but each time I catch a glimpse of it while I'm doing laundry, cooking, or cleaning I am reminded to think about "kingdom things" and not let myself get bogged down with so many pointless, earthly things. Sometimes I feel like life as a homemaker is void of any real significance, but when I see this tattoo, I remember that every shirt I fold and put away, every dinner I serve, and every hug I give has kingdom value.
Even though I haven't been blogging, there are a lot of thoughts I have been mulling over. I hope I find the energy and inspiration to write them down here, so keep checking back.

Comments

Renovation Girl said…
It's about time! ;) Glad to see you writing...I've missed you!