Goals Updated

Last month, my goals were pretty simple, but that is no guarantee I did well! Let's review and evaluate.

1. Drink more water - Well, I had a good run there for awhile! Unfortunately I have an unhealthy but undeniable attraction to Mr. Pibb. I even slipped so far as to order a vanilla Dr. Pepper during happy hour at our local Sonic. Yikes! I am back off any caffeine (it jacks me up!), and on the days when I really pushed the water I felt better not only that day, but for days after. Water makes everything better, and I need to recommit to this one.

2. More letters from home - totally bit the big one on this, and it is so important!!! Ugh!!! I wanted to send Inessa more snail mail, and I went so far as to purchase a handful of cards so I could just write one out and mail it, but I just...didn't do it. I have been keeping in touch with her via email, but I know it isn't quite the same. Between vacation and the usual distractions, I just didn't make time for this like I needed and wanted to. I really regret doing so poorly. She deserves some mail!

3. Finances - Not too shabby on this one, if I do say so myself. I have a set amount of cash I work with each month for the running of the household expenses, and while I usually stay in the ballpark, I think I may be spot on this month. I know I need to do better with coupons and meal planning, but I give myself a high five for hanging in there this month.

4. Less TV - doing fairly well with this. I followed a conversation online recently that talked about the addictive nature of electronics, and I can see where my TV viewing could be at least considered a bad habit if not an addiction. There are so many other productive things to do with my time and energy, and I have to say, I did a good job clicking it off and finding something to do in the afternoons. I am not going cold turkey - I gotta watch Castle, Glee, and Dancing with the Stars - but overall, I am watching a lot less and accomplishing a lot more.

5. Reading with the boys - Totally nailed this one! I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday, and along with several books just for me, I ordered Ronald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach. It was a story I remember having read to my class in elementary school, and the boys are enjoying it just as much! I don't remember all that happens, but James has just arrived at the pit of the peach, and I can hardly wait to read with them tomorrow night! It has been so fun, and I really want to keep this up. I already have The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe ready when we finish this one.

So, where do I go from here?

I want to continue working on drinking more water and getting at least one card out to Inessa in the mail weekly. I'm going to work on May's meal plan and budget, which may be a little tricky because we have company coming several weekends and another long trip on the horizon. I know I have started some good changes - here's hoping I can make them habits in May!

Comments