And...I'm Back!

I'm not even going to say it. You know I am. You know I mean it - sincerely.

Fine.

I'm sorry.

There - can we move on now?

Part of the reason I have stunk the big one at blogging lately is because we have been exceptionally busy and exceptionally emotional. Sintija left to go back to Latvia a week ago today, and although her departure has slowed down the activity level, it has also raised the emotional level considerably. It is a lot to sort through, and we haven't even begun to make any headway as far as understanding what the "big" picture looks like. Our world has been ROCKED by a 13 year old girl from halfway around the world, and no matter how much we may wish it, I am fairly sure nothing will ever be the same again. I wish I could explain that better and flesh the future out some, but right now I can't find the words and I don't have the foresight. Like I said, we're still processing.

I am also wrestling with what to do with this blog. Don't get me wrong - I love blogging (despite recent evidence to the contrary...), but I feel like I lack...focus...when it comes to the blog. There are so many aspects of my life right now that are "under construction", and I don't know if I should focus my writings more specifically on one of those areas or if I should continue to be the schizophrenic writer you (both) have known and loved for two years now. There are just a lot of areas in my life that need some introspection, and believe it or not, this blog is so much more about being introspective than it is about sharing my brilliant insights for the purpose of world enrichment. (I can hear you laughing...)

Some of the areas that I am considering blogging about are our hosting experience and the spiritual and emotional aftermath, changes I am wrestling with in my spiritual life, and the logistics of homemaking and parenting. Of course, I have opinions on everything from universal health care to Paula Abdul's American Idol exit. So although I am wondering about a more focused blog, my thoughts are as random as ever!

So, I guess I'll ask - is there anything you (both) want to read about or discuss? Is there one particular topic you would like to toss around together? (It's the Paula thing, isn't it?)

So...I'm back.

I think.




Comments

Renovation Girl said…
Oh yeah, it's totally the Paula thing...

Your blog is just that...YOURS. You know what you need to/want to write about. Blogs don't need to have focus...my blog is supposed to be about how in renovating our Victorian home, we recovered from some of our infertility sorrow...and it's totally not that. I think I've had four posts on the house...most posts are about me and how screwed up I am.

I'll read whatever you put here, because I find you one of the most clever and funny people I know. Do your thang, girl!! :)
Melody said…
I LOVE your blog! You probably don't even remember me....but my husband, Adam was on staff at VCC in the youth department with Angela Solomon. I don't think you should change a thing! You make me laugh and challenge me in my own walk with Christ.

Hope this encourages you more than it creeps you out that a stranger reads your blog! :)
Melody said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said…
This comment has been removed by the author.