Please Pray for These Sweet Friends

Along the journey of our hosting experience and failed adoption we have "met" some really fantastic families from all over the U.S.  Even though I haven't spent face to face time with these folks, I have shared my hopes and heartaches via email and Facebook with some of these ladies, and they have become a sacred and special community.  When our adoption fell through, one of my very first emails was to one of these ladies who had also recently walked a difficult road with adoption.

Tonight my heart is with this friend and her husband as they anticipate meeting their new daughter tomorrow in Latvia!

Adoption is an amazing, scary, miraculous, and life changing experience, no matter how it turns out in the end.  As I think of my friend, I remember the nerves, excitement, jet lag, and sleeplessness during our trip.  I pray that God would prepare their hearts, oversee their paperwork, and bind this young girl into their family securely and joyfully.  I pray that they would treasure each moment, big and small, with their new daughter.  I pray that He would show up and fill any language or cultural distance.  I pray His blessing on this special family.

Please join me in praying for the Friend family (really - that's their name!) over the next few weeks as they finally get to hug, hold, and love on the daughter of their hearts.  And also please remember their precious children waiting here at home to be reunited with their parents and their new sister.

Comments

I finally had a chance to catch up on you blog! Ann, that was precious and tear inducing!!!! I am so thankful for the connection that has been made over young latvian girls! I tried to read that to Joe and was incapable through the tears. We covet your prayers and feel blessed that you would ask others to pray for us! Love ya, Ann!