Freezing Football

This morning I took the boys to a Punt, Pass, and Kick event in our town.  I can't believe I have children old enough for this!  I remember when Jude was born I would imagine what it would be like to see him competing in sports, and suddenly I realize...we're there!  While the boys love karate, they are both also interested in football (and pretty much every other sport) so off we went.

Did I mention it was freezing cold?  It rained all night last night, and it just didn't warm up so while the boys ran around with friends punting, passing, and kicking, I stood there for an hour and a half (the alternative was to sit on an ice cold, wet metal bleacher...so standing it was!), and lost feeling in all my appendages.  I don't know what has happened to this once hardy northwestern PA girl - there wasn't a flake of snow, and I was so cold I couldn't even shiver anymore!


In the end, the boys had a blast, they each brought home a ribbon, and I eventually thawed out.

Comments