Simple Woman's Daybook

No time for a long, involved post so here it is...

Outside my window...it is overcast, but warmer than it has been the past few days. I am excited that someone finally moved in to the house across the street last night. Mark and I are hoping for some nice new neighbors. While the man who moved out/abandoned the property had a son a little older than our boys, he once peed in our driveway, and it was just a little awkward ever since then. (Did I mention he was probably 10 or 11?)

I'm thinking...that I wish I had more "get up and go". I've been fighting ear infections and a sinus infection for almost a week now, and I feel so run down! I have so much in my head and heart I want to do, but the body isn't feeling up for full cooperation yet. That is frustrating. We are each a little out of sorts from either schedule, lack of sleep, or sickness and I just long for the day when we are all back to "normal". Hopefully soon! In the meanwhile, I hope to keep my mind "on things above". I need Kingdom perspective today.

I'm thankful...for my family. I say it all the time, but I so enjoy my family. Also thankful for good friends. I went out the other night with three of my favorite women, and between great food and even better conversation, it was one of the most enjoyable nights out I've ever had. I am so thankful for the women God has brought into my life and for the good things these women help cultivate in me. I'm thankful for all that laughter and an out of this world chicken parmigiana!

From the learning rooms...Cal is working on the letter "X" and Jude is learning about borrowing in subtraction and urban, suburban, and rural living. I am learning SO MUCH about the Kingdom of God from my Precept Upon Precept study of the book of Matthew. This week we studied chapters 14 and 15. And I'm thinking about taking karate. Just thinking about it at this point...

I am wearing...my green and black pajama pants and my Les Miserables sweatshirt with a Monday Night Football blanket thrown over my lap. It will get better before I head out the door today! (And it is about two layers more than Calvin has on sitting next to me.)

I am going...to the dentist today for Cal's 6 month check up and cleaning. Our family loves our dentist, so it is actually something we look forward to. Our dentist also did a lot of dental work on Inessa while she was here (did I mention she came with two abscessed teeth???), and they fell as in love with her as we have. I know they will all be asking about her, and that makes me smile.

I am reading...a new series from Karen Kingsbury, a Christian author who I LOVE. I usually don't enjoy Christian fiction, but she writes characters who are real and living out faith and struggles in a very real, authentic way. I also read a book about kids' spaces in a home, and I am inspired to redo the boys' bedroom soon!

I am hoping...to get an email from Inessa and a nap.

I am hearing...the background music to the Wii Ultimate Alliance game. Today is Wii Wii Wednesday (we only let the boys play Wii on Wednesdays and the Wii Wii weekend), and Cal wanted to play a little before we leave for the dentist. I'm fairly certain I can her Marshall softly snoring at the end of the couch too.

Around the house...I desperately need to spend some time today doing a general picking up. I also have a lot of organizing I want to tackle before our home study appointments begin. I want to clean out the cabinets in the bathrooms, organize the laundry room, and somehow get all my scrap book supplies organized. I also want to come up with a plan to redo the boys' bedroom. They have outgrown the car decorations, and I want it to become a space they use for more than dumping dirty clothes and sleeping. It going to be an interesting project!

One of my favorite things...my Bible Study. I know I already mentioned it, but it has been an amazing study about the Kingdom of God. I love learning more about who Jesus is and what His time on earth was about. I love that God nudges me gently (but firmly!) as I learn more about Him. And I love my Bible Study teacher. I feel blessed to have her leading me as I study the book of Matthew.

A few plans for the rest of the week...to feel better! We also have karate "buddy night" tomorrow night, and Calvin is taking his brother (who I have a sneaky suspicion will be signing up for karate himself) and a good friend, Cooper. Friday I get to be the "mystery reader" for Jude's class, and I am so looking forward to it! Hopefully we will tackle a few more things on our "adoption to do list" as well.

Comments