Lost in Translation

Finally, FINALLY after over two weeks, we have heard from Inessa! I would like to say that I have been waiting patiently, but if we're being honest I have been on edge hoping to hear something. Anything. I just want to know she is well, she is settled in OK back in Latvia, and that she knows we still love her dearly.

Unfortunately, after translating her message, I don't have many answers!

While I have been able to translate most of the message, there are still some big holes that aren't translating, and those untranslated parts are accompanied by very confusing emoticons. One is a sad face immediately followed by one that is jumping up and down and smiling. I realize that different cultures express emotions differently, but for the life of me, I can't get this to make sense in any language or culture!

I don't know everything about how Inessa is doing from this one message, but at least I know she knows we are thinking of her and want to be in contact with her.

For now, that will have to be enough!

Comments