Attention Publix Shoppers

This is Ann Kimmel, frequent Publix shopper. Just wanted to apologize to any of you who happened to be in my local store this afternoon when two short, disheveled, overstimulated, dirty faced Jedis came charging through your aisle with their invisible light sabers clashing in the ultimate battle of good versus evil. Those would be my Jedis (even though I may wish differently at times) and no matter how I tried to convince them that the Publix toilet paper aisle was NOT an outer galaxy under siege by the invading rebel forces, well, they didn't believe me. Even when I said it through gritted teeth. And yes, you and I both know that the front store doors open automatically, but there was no point in me trying to convince my mini padawan learners of that as they repeatedly used "the force" to open and close them as I waited my turn in the check out line.

I beg your forgiveness for ruining the Publix mojo with the boys. But you see, it is Day 7 of fall break and quite frankly I am out of creative and fun ideas for entertaining them. Oh, we've done Chuck E. Cheese, shopping, arts and crafts, and even the park for a few hours. But today I hit an entertainment/memory making mental roadblock and I let the boys play what perhaps could be considered a little too much Star Wars The Force Unleashed on the Wii. (After the lunch time Hide and Seek meltdown, even I needed a break. Don't blame me for being super good at hiding...) While the Wii game seems to be a lot of fun, my darling boys are having trouble separating fiction from reality (as evidenced by the death scene conveniently re-enacted near the sympathy cards in aisle 11). But do not panic - I have every intention of turning the game off...as soon as I'm done with this blog entry. And dinner. And laundry. And a crossword puzzle or two.

I know we all go to Publix for the fresh produce, the clean store, and the cheerful, helpful associates. Today many of you got a little (or a lot) more than you bargained for. I apologize, and promise to bring better behaved Jedis to Publix next time or they will be doing some serious time outs...in a galaxy far, far away.

Comments

Aly-Rae said…
This goes down as one of my favorite blog posts of all time.
LOVE IT!