I'm Blowing this Pop Stand

It has been a long time coming, but I am getting out of Dodge for awhile.

Now don't panic. There's nothing wrong. Even before Sintija came for the summer, Mark and I decided it would be a good idea for me to plan a long weekend away once she went back home and the boys got settled into their school routine. That was some brilliant foresight if I do say so myself. It couldn't come at a better time. I've struggled to understand the whole "me time" thing that the world preaches to us mamas, but I was so blessed by my trip last fall to DC with Ang, and with all I'm feeling I think this trip will be a real blessing too.

Preparing for Sintija's visit, enjoying her for five weeks, saying good-bye to our Latvian daughter, and getting the boys started with another school year has left me feeling...I don't even know what I'm feeling! I have enjoyed our summer and it is a joy to see the boys doing well at their respective schools, but it is time for me to catch my breath. I think a little time to relax, process through some thoughts, sleep in, and enjoy several days of medicinal laughter are going to be really helpful.

Now this isn't just your average, ordinary four days away from home. Oh no. I'm heading to Gatlinburg with four of my favorite friends in the world. There's Aly, who raises a herd of four kids with inspiring amounts of grace and laughter, LaDona who has suffered through the 30 day detox and knows what it is like to feel miserable and to sacrifice to feel well and can find a way to laugh about it all, Stephanie, who shared the joy, pain, and finally the joy of her precious daughter's arrival with authenticity, and Mary Lee who has lived through the hell of a child with a cancer diagnosis and his next MRI looming within the week. I doubt you could find a group of five ladies more in need of a breather, and more committed to enjoying it.

We're planning on doing some shopping, hiking, sleeping in, eating out, watching movies, and talking. I am really looking forward to it!

Comments