Oh, The Irony!

One of the tests Dr Holistic has me doing is a hormone test.  (Can you all hear my husband in the background yelling, "Testify!  Can I get an amen?!")  To do this particular, highly sensitive hormone test, I have to fill four tubes with saliva at four different times throughout the day today.

Sounds easy, right?  Not so much.  The tubes are three inches tall or so, and I have to fill them 1/2 full.  An inch and a half of spit, you say?  No problem.  Go ahead.  Give it a try.  Try to gather an inch and a half of spit (minus the bubbles - the bubbles don't count).  It is a challenge!

The test kit gives you some good tips for helping get "quality spit" for the test.  Yawn, chew wax paper, and the one that helped me this morning - sniff a lemon.  Well, apparently the lemon has lost its "saliva producing" abilities, because for the noon sample, it wasn't working.  I still had dry mouth.

But, alas - I found a solution that borders on the cruel and unusual.

When I sniff Calvin's Chick-fil-a fries, my mouth instantly waters.

Oh, the irony.  

Comments