Any Suggestions?

One of my favorite things about the post Christmas week is the joy of the gift card.  I know, I know - I should save them for later on when I might really need them, but it is so hard to resist going online and shopping!  (Yes, I was the child who never saved money or candy for "later"...)

I just spent over an hour shopping at one of my favorite spots - the iTunes store.  Mark got me a gift certificate there, and I have to say - I thoroughly enjoyed buying some new music.  It is always interesting to see what music I buy because it almost always depends on how I'm feeling.  Tonight was a hymn buying night.  And I just feel full.  Hmmmm.

I also downloaded some pod casts.  I recently subscribed to our church's podcast since Mark and I had missed a few weeks in December, and I loved listening to Brother David during the week while I folded laundry and made dinner.  I'm pretty jazzed about listening to these new ones.

I will say that at times I feel overwhelmed when I am music shopping.  It is hard to find a song worth my .99 and a spot in my iPod in that vast audio library.  I would like to branch out and buy some new music sometime - I would love to get some good jazz music or maybe some show tunes or a movie soundtrack.  But I don't know where to start.

So I am open to some suggestions.  What is on your iPod that you couldn't live without?  Music or podcast.  

I still have money on my gift card, and I am ready to spend it!  


Comments

Aly-Rae said…
Did you say Jazz? Well...I'm a jazz spaz! If you like big band Jazz then ya gotta get some Buble or Steve Tyrell. If you need something to chill to then I recommend Dianna Krall or my all time favorite Nat "King" Cole. If you like the classic stuff you can't go wrong with Tony Bennett or Dean Martin. And don't forget Harry Connick, Jr!
Renovation Girl said…
I have found that I cannot live without Keith Urban's "Be Here." Love it, love it, love it!!! I also put some college music on there-Rusted Root, Affordable Floors, Depeche Mode. When I'm feeling crappy, those take me back to the good ol days. If you want jazz and showtunes, you would love the De-Lovely soundtrack. Kevin Kline (oooo, do I love him!!!) sings on it. I could go on and on, but I won't. Those are the highlights...