Hip, Hip, Hooray!

We have a snow day!

(But no snow...go figure...)

Comments

Carrigan Family said…
Love the pictures, can't wait to see more. As far as being home more, I have always loved being home and thought of myself as "weird" - others are always having lunch, running here, running there - I sometimes try to make myself do that because it seems like what I'm "should" be doing. Now don't get me wrong, I love when I get those rare moments out with friends (especially you :)) - but when I'm gone from home too much - I find myself frustrated and can't wait for the day that week that I don't have anywhere to run. I've come to realize God puts that desire in us ...it's the world telling us it should be the other way around. I will admit after bedrest and the new baby though - I am ready to break out - so next week - chick-fil-a, panera, cracker barrel - just name the time and place. Your post with Aly at panera made me think of this scripture:

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:6-9

Since I'm coming out of a season of "self-inflicted" famine - I always read this and wonder why when I see how very different EVERYTHING is when I'm feasting on His word .... why do I ever do the famine thing .....who knows, bottom line is - Jesus wants to be our everything, our all in all.
Well, this was much longer than I had planned - love you so much,
ml
Renovation Girl said…
A snow day with no snow? We had snow, but no snow day! SIgh...but I will tell you that I had a snow day at the cyber school I teach at a few years ago. Hmmm...