The Urge to Purge!

I'm sure some psychologist would have a field day with me right now.

I am experiencing a huge urge to purge.  It started the night after Christmas when I decided that I wanted to tackle redoing the boys' bathroom (which is also the guest bathroom...as an aside, in my next house these two things will be separate!).  But it didn't make much sense to tackle that project before we got the Christmas decorations put away.

Putting the Christmas decorations away led to a total purge/reorganization of the Christmas decoration storage.

The Christmas decoration purge/reorganization led to an attic overhaul which involved sorting through a dozen garbage bags of "stuff" not to mention countless bins of assorted goods.

The attic purge led to a sizable amount of baby/toddler clothes that need to go to Goodwill.  And I figure, why send all that to Goodwill without going through my closet as well?  So I ended up purging clothes, shoes, and purses from my closet.

Since I was already sorting through purses, I decided to root through the hall closet and be sure I have all the bags I don't want ready to go out the door.  While I was working there, I sorted through all the coats as well.

Of course, all of this reminded me that we really need to do some serious work on the boys' room.  Jude and Cal share a room (by choice...for now), and even though it is an OK room they are only ever in it for the hours they sleep.  They do not play, read, or study in that room.  At all.  Ever.  So Mark and I decided to do some work on the boys' bedroom...since we were already at it in every other nook and cranny of the house.  We're getting ready to prime the walls.  And that's only the beginning for that room.

Industrial size trash bags...
full of clothes for Goodwill!

The boys' bedroom

Their closet.  They only use it to hide dirty clothes.
I've got a better idea!

My favorite project.  All my "special" baby outfits of the boys.
I'm labeling them for storage so they'll know what and whose they are!
Many projects started.  None quite completed...yet.  The urge to purge has created quite a mess, but hopefully we will all like having less things which are better organized when we are all done!

Comments