Four Days

Oh my!

I knew it was getting close to Inessa's arrival. I realize that we only have the weekend left to take care of the final preparations. But oh my! I just took a second to count the days, and there's only four days left until we meet Inessa.

Gulp.

Don't get me wrong. I am really happy we are hosting again. Hosting has been such a life changing experience for our family. I believe with absolute certainty that we are to participate in hosting. I believe in this ministry and I saw firsthand the small victories that can be won back for these children.

But having been through the hosting program once before, I now know that we are in completely over our heads...or at least our hearts. I know I have said it before, but I didn't really consider how difficult it would be to say good-bye to Sintija after five weeks. (Shows what I know!) So I think a little bit of me is dreading the hard parts.

On the other hand, I am so excited to meet this girl! I wonder what she will enjoy doing, what will make her smile, what memories we will make together as a temporary family of five. I think these last few days before the children arrive can be the hardest in some ways. There are some basic practical preparations I am trying to get done, but there are some things that just have to wait until we meet this young girl and learn more about her. And in the gap of not knowing what she is like, all sorts of worries can creep in.

With four short days to go until we meet Inessa, I realize the best thing I can do is pray. I pray for God to use this time to bring glory to His name. I pray He equips me to love this child as He does. I pray she doesn't get carsick and that she likes my cooking. (Hey, God is in the business of miracles!) There are so many things I pray!

Comments